CLICK HERE FOR THE BEST PRICED CELL PHONE PLANS IN THE WORLD
Compare Cell Phones
Cellular Access Technologies
There are three common technologies used by cell-phone networks for transmitting information:
- Frequency division multiple access (FDMA)
- Time division multiple access (TDMA)
- Code division multiple access (CDMA)
Although these technologies sound very intimidating, you can get a good sense of how they work just by breaking down the title of each one.
The first word tells you what the access method is. The second word, division, lets you know that it splits calls based on that access method.
- FDMA puts each call on a separate frequency.
- TDMA assigns each call a certain portion of time on a designated frequency.
- CDMA gives a unique code to each call and spreads it over the available frequencies.
The last part of each name is multiple access. This simply means that more than one user can utilize each cell.
Copyright CellPhone-Plans.net * Contact * SiteMap * Home